Over the past week, we continued with spinning up a new testnet, CS-2005. However, we encountered a moderate severity bug that caused an issue with one of the nodes, which caused subsequent issues over the entire network.
- Continued running CS-2005
- Onboarded 100+ validators to the network, with few validators successfully replacing others with a higher stake
- CS-2006 - Launching the latest testnet with major bug fixes
Issues Encountered during CS-2004/2005
There are a couple of issues that we are analyzing and monitoring that were reported by validators
- Wrong App Hash error - There is a known issue in the network node code for a circular dependency between Heimdall and Bor. Simply speaking, there can be instances when Heimdall reads data from Bor, but does not get it due to failed network calls - and vice versa with Bor reading data from Heimdall.
- Claim stake and Unbond issue - During the contest there were some validators who were unable to claim stake and unbond successfully from the dashboard. We have fixed this issue however, we’re internally testing this.
- Long time to resync - we are aware of a long time that it takes to resync the Heimdall node. We have also started work on a fast-sync approach, that will shorten the time for resync. However, this will not be available immediately.
We are now up and running with a new testnet with all the bugs that were encountered in CS-2005. We will also be including more tools while setting up the node such as Prometheus Graphana Dashboard as well as a Sentry Node. CS-2006 has been running uninterrupted for the past 2 weeks.
Staking UI Dashboard
We have also squashed and fixed a lot of bugs that were reported during the contests. You will be experiencing a better Dashboard in CS-2006.
Things to look forward to:
- Stage 1 ending
- Stage 2 Commencement
- Initiate Rewards Distribution for Stage 1